The History of Carco Capital Corporation had it's beginnings in 1930 when Carl M Corley was asked to become a partner in Crouch Equipment Co in Fort Smith, AR. At that time, the Company sold Farm equipment and Light International Trucks, often times trading for mules with the local farmers. The business grew and eventually the Farm Equipment portion of the business was sold and is now exclusively an International/Navistar Heavy Truck and parts dealer. The name was eventually changed to Carco International, Inc. as ownership was transferred to the Corley Family. Carl D Corley, son of Carl M, graduated from the University of Arkansas in 1956 beginning his business career as a collector for International Harvester's Credit division in Kansas City later returning to his lifetime home in Fort Smith, Arkansas to work with his Father at Crouch Equipment Company. Having sold trucks and farm equipment at the Dealership, Carl saw an opportunity and in 1962 opened a Truck Rental and leasing business to compliment the Dealership business. In March 1965, he took over the Hertz car rental operations at the Fort Smith Airport starting with 20 cars. Both operations have grown over the years. Today the Truck division, known as Carco Rentals, Inc. has a fleet of 300 Trucks and 200 Trailers, servicing Lease and Rental customers in Arkansas and Oklahoma and the Hertz Car division, known as Carco Carriage Corp. has a peak rental fleet of 1800 cars covering the State of Arkansas.
Carl remains active in the Dealership and the Rental and leasing businesses ,as well as, continues to be a Steward of the local community through his generous donations and having served on many Boards over the years including Sparks Hospital, Fort Smith Boys and Girls clubs, Hardscrabble Country Club and the University of Arkansas Fort Smith. Carl D Corley, Jr. like his Father before him, graduated from the University of Arkansas in 1977. He began his career in the Car division washing cars as a youngster, and later gained exposure to the Trucking divisions. He spearheaded the Car divisions entry into the off airport HLE business and now serves as President of the Hertz division. Manufacturers Transport LLC, another subsidiary of Carco Capital Corporation, began operations in 2005 performing Contract Carriage for local Manufacturers.